Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 1

Wow, what a week! Today has given me some much needed relief in my schedule and I am so thankful for some time to relax around the house. So I finally have some physical and mental energy to blog. Yay!!

I have made some major changes in my workouts and in my food so part of the exhaustion is probably my body adjusting. I have also committed to training 4 other local contestants so I work with them 4-5 days a week in addition to a couple other private clients, my running group and some distance coaching. Oh and I almost forgot, I am at the peak of my marathon training right now. I have 18 miles on my training schedule for Saturday.

Even though it seems like this is a lot, I am having so much fun. The women who I am training right now are amazing and inspire me everyday. We keep each other accountable and remind each other that it is a process of change. We are not going to be perfect everyday, but persistent and consistent effort will get us where we want to be. I love the one-on-one time I get with them to talk through challenges, process emotions and share victories.

Here is a typical day as far as meals and exercise:

Meal 1 - Isagenix Shake
Meal 2 - 5 egg whites, 1c spinach, tsp salsa
Meal 3 - Isagenix Shake
Meal 4 - 6oz Chicken, zucchini
Meal 5 - Isagenix Shake
Meal 6 - 3-4 egg whites, a few carrots
I also will have some raw almonds and Isadelights at some point in my day and I am drinking a lot of water.

I do 1 hour of weight training a day, an hour of running and some days I end up doing an additional hour of light exercise depending on what I am doing with certain clients.

I am not noticing any body changes yet, other than being pretty sore and tired. I trust the process though. I know that if I eat right and stay consistent with the weights that the results will come. I don't think I've ever eaten so much protein. This should be good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment